Sunday 2 March 2014

A Cool Resource

I found this website called www.volcanodiscovery.com  that features the current active & dormant volcanoes around the world. It has a map that marks out where they are.

There is an 'embed' option with some HTML. Through my research I discovered that iBooks Author will allow you to embed HTML from an external source into it, so I will definitely use this within either my 'What is a Volcano?' or 'Famous Volcano' chapters. 

Another really cool feature they have on this website is the ability to view live webcams of current volcanoes - whether they're erupting or not. This is something I'd also like to embed into my iBook, as it's refreshed every single day with up to date information that is reliable, and can be used to back up any points I make. E.g. does a volcano have to be spewing Lava in order to be erupting? No, it can be erupting gas, and there are plenty of Volcanoes on video that do that every single day. 

They also feature what look like very scientific diagrams...another element I could incorporate into my iBook.

No comments:

Post a Comment