Sunday 30 March 2014

User Testing

I user tested my iBook on a 16 year old today and got their response.

First I asked them to open the iBook and to navigate to the table of contents. This is not something that I can really control as iBooks Author presets how everything is navigated, but they did it with ease none the less. They commented on the graphics and how much they liked them and this is positive.

I asked them if they could click on the chapter that they would like to read, and they worked this out with no problems either.

Once within the chapter, they started to interact with it. They noted that in some places it was hard to know whether something was interactive or not, and perhaps I should add more "click here" signs to make it clearer. With the interactive maps featured in Chapter 3, Section three, they said that initially they did not understand what they were supposed to do, but after using a bit of intuition they worked it out rather quickly and all 3 maps were easy to use.

The user commented on the quizzes at the end of several of the sections and said that whilst the first one was unexpected, it did make them feel as if they should be trying to read every piece of information in the build up; 'just in case'. They liked how you could not only swipe between each question on the quiz, but there was arrows to move on too.

There are several image galleries in my iBook, and these were navigated with ease. A comment that made me smile was "oh, but when I click on an image I expect..." (clicks on the image) "oh! it does do that! I was going to say that I expected it to enlarge, and it did!". I am happy that my iBook response in ways that are native and natural to the user.

My user testing went well, and there are some more notes in my sketchbook on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment