Friday 3 January 2014

My Proposed Poster

  • I decided to feature the "physical book"to clarify it was an advertisement for book, rather than a TV show or film.
  • Hierarchy - the logo is the biggest and at the top, featuring the sparingly used Red because I wanted that to be the very first thing seen, using the knife to draw peoples attention. The knife then points down to the book, and the text can then be read.
  • The feature of the tagline (provided by Penguin) at the very bottom. I felt it summed up the book well and in a short amount of words, so was useful to use, and despite it's bottom position still stands well against the background with the contrasting red.
  • I went for a border as it framed the poster well and allowed me to have the book "sit" on something that contrasted it well. The brown of the cityscape was clashing with the brown on the actual book. 
  • Steered away from featuring the fencing. If I featured the fencing, I'd have to use the same technique of the newspaper hanging, and then the poster would be a complete copy of the book cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment